Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blog # 16

Today I was able to interview Mark B. I went into the interview with questions that I knew I already wanted to ask. As I began asking the questions to Mark the conversation began to flow. Although I was able to ask the questions that I planned on asking, I also asked questions that came up in the conversation as we continued. I asked Mark about 7 different questions about his experience of 9/11. He was very open with me and was willing to describe his experience in detail. While Mark answered the questions I recorded him with my phone, I also took notes on the side on important facts that I knew I wanted to remember from his story. The use of technology in this activity word very well, I was able to listen to the story being told as well as write down key facts about it.

As I was being interviewed I felt very  comfortable. Mark asked me the same sort of questions that I had asked him and I too was willing to share all details about my experience on 9/11. The conversation went very well and flowed into each question. Both of our experiences were very different but we were able to relate to one another through out feelings from the event.

It was great practice interviewing. I feel like I have a good start on the interview process but one think I would change would be to make sure we are both comfortable physically and mentally. I would also get some background information on the person I am interviewing just to get a better understanding on what questions to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment