Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Blog # 15

Purpose: The purpose of this research paper is to identify if and how the way a classroom is set up can influence a childs learning experience. The purpose is to analyze a second grade classroom and determine whether or not the way the classroom is set up has an influence on the childs education. Whether it be a positive or negative effect, I will be studying the classroom to determine the outcome.

Detailed research question: My research question is, how does the set up of a classroom influence a childs learning experience? This research question is aimed toward the physical and verbal set up of the classroom. I am looking to see if the way the classroom is set up has any influence on the childrens educational experience.  

Preliminary Sources:
-The teacher is the second grade class.
- Employee of Project Read.
- Research paper on classroom set up.

List of information I need:
-Interview with teacher of second grade class( how she sets up the classroom, is it effective, her results).
- Information about Project Read( what the program is about, how they implement reading and classroom set up, if their program is effective).
- Research paper about classroom set up( techniques used by other teachers, studies done with results of classroom set up effectiveness)

Plan for gathering information:

- I will be studying a second grade teacher to see how she feels about the effectiveness of the way a classroom is set up can influence a childs learning experience.
- I will also be communicating with an employee of Project Read to see their goal of influencing a childs learning experience through changing how the classroom is set up.
- I will collect my information at the Elementary School the teacher works at through an interview.
-I will be studying three subjects, the teacher, the employee of Project Read, and the students to see if the efforts are effective.
-I will be using an interview and observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment