Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Blog # 22

Interview:

D: Are you ready?

A: Yes (she laughs)

D:Okay so lets begin with simple questions ( I laugh)

D: Where did you go to college?

A: I went to Kean University, same as you.

D: What was your major?

A: I majored in elementary education, and I love it.

D: What grades have you taught?

A: I have only taught second grade.

D: Oh wow, would you ever consider teaching other grades if you had the opportunity?

A: Um yes and no. I love second grade but I like the older grades as well, they are much more independent.

D: How long have you been a teacher for?

A: I have been teaching for four years and this year I was tenured!

D: Wow congratulations! What an accomplishment!

A: Thank you! (she smiles)

D: Do you have any success stories of lessons you have taught?

A: Yes, one time I had the students make a book and their own stories. It went so well my whole class was recognized for how well everyone did. I was really proud of them. (she smiles)

D: That's so great! I would love to see them if you have any you saved.

A: I think I have one somewhere I can show you.

D: How are you adjusting to project read and their program?

A: I feel that it has been very helpful. Since they have been here I have seen an increase in many of the students grades. The program is focused on reading and allowing the students to become comfortable with themselves as readers and writers. The program also implements new ideas on how to arrange the classroom in order to ensure all students are learning to the best of their ability.

D: What specific changes have project read made to your classroom?

A: They first focused on the reading area and changed the order of the books, made it more organized and easy for the students to access on their own. Then they focused on setting up the classroom, having students in groups, and having the carpet area placed in the perfect spot. Really they made the classroom more comfortable which allows for a great classroom environment.

D: That's great to have honestly what a great program!

D: Do you feel that it has helped you with instruction in the classroom?

A: yes I feel that it has helped and has a positive impact, and the children love it. The children feel in control of their own classroom but also recognize that I am still the teacher.

D: Do you feel that the way a classroom is set up can influence a students learning?

A: You need to have the right classroom environment and it has to be happy and peaceful. the energy in the classroom is a major part to learning. Its not all about the writing on the walls.

D: I understand what you mean, there is much more to teaching than many people think. Well thank you so much for your time! I greatly appreciate your time. ( I smile)

A: Your welcome! And anytime. ( she smiles)



No comments:

Post a Comment