Jotting:
Shook hands with Courtney
Asked Courtney where she lived
Laughed
Marc likes Kean
More laughing
Emily commutes to Kean
Shake hands
Sabrina lives on campus
Knew of similar place
Garden State Plaza
Paramus
Movie theater
Disney World
English writing majors
Graduating soon
Commuting
Hillside
Praxis
Head notes:
What makes me happy
My most favorite place to be on earth is on the beach
I don't want to talk about the praxis anymore
I should move form this spot
Everyone keeps smiling
Everyone spoke clearly
made eye contact with everyone I spoke with
Class laughed when professor interrupted
Some people already knew my major
I already knew some peoples majors
Angie lives where my dad works
Im glad I know more about my classmates
Things I remembered later:
People were still talking even though we were instructed to go back to our seats
Sabrina and Marc were writing down their notes on their phones
We stayed in one general area of the classroom
We needed some push from our professor at times
Everyone had different questions to ask
The first three people I spoke to were already sitting in my row
Observations about what happened:
At first when we began speaking to one another it was a bit uncomfortable. When we got to know a little more about eachother the conversation became more comfortable and relaxed. The conversations were very genuine which made it easy to keep the conversation going. For the most part everyone was willing to engage in conversation and ask whatever questions were necessary in order to get the information they needed. I think this activity worked very well because we were able to see what its like to take fieldnotes as well as being able to get to know our classmates a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment